Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Leather "Look" Cowl


With Christmas around the corner, I have been busying sewing, shopping, and wrapping, trying to get things ready for the event. What used to seem like lots of fun, now seems sorta like work.:) I am thankful for so many things that even the work doesn't feel so much like work.

Christmas really does feel magical, always has to me. In my heart, I always feel that miracles are more likely at Christmas. It was my father's favorite holiday, and I will always cherish the memories I have of growing up with him.

One of the things I have been making are cowls, knitted and sewn from fabric. I made the one I am showing on this blog, yesterday. Wore it to the store and got 3 orders for it. I will be making some to put on Etsy. This one is so nice, made from a fabric that looks like suede and feels like butter, it is so soft, and has a fluid feel to it. I love wearing it. This one is made with snaps, but may try buttons and other closures.

I have been putting some new "old" items on Etsy, so check them out. Doing more there than on Ebay. The fees aren't eating me up on Etsy like they are on Ebay.

Also, my prayers go out to the families around the world affected by the attacks in Mumbai.

No comments: