Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{moment of reflection}

(moment of reflection by steve hanks)

Do you ever feel like you can't really reveal the depth of yourself to anyone, or someone? 'Cause if you do and it's not enough, there's not some magic trick to pull out of the bag...and there you are… And the fear that you may not add up is far too much to risk. Maybe it’s because some people are, someone is...bigger than life?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am afraid to show you who I really am, because if I show you who I really am, you might not like it--and that's all I got." ~ Sabrina Ward Harrison

6 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I feel like that all the time!
Our personality may have many traits and qualities which others may not come to know about unless...oooh I don't have all the answers. Still work in progress I suppose? all i know is fear is the opposite of love~

xo*

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

It is much easier for me to find my security and safety within the pages and characters of my books - it's a safe place there. My brother told me one time that I demanded too much of love and people, maybe he is right. One thing I do know is that, I have learned to run from any kind of love as if it were a rattlesnake - afraid of it, and for fear of it biting and killing me. :)
Happy Weekend to you darling! xoxo

drollgirl said...

ugh. this is so true. the more you expose, the more vulnerable you are. and when you show it all and get rejected, IT REALLY HURTS. :[

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Isn't that the truth!?! I hate feeling vulnerable.:) Unfortunately, all my efforts to protect myself fall short, they do not protect me at all. ~XoOx~

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Oh boy, can I ever identify with this post!!
xox