Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fragments of Summer

I went out yesterday to capture what is left of summer's magnificent beauty.


"When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings."

— Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

**************************************

If only I could write like Elizabeth Gilbert... I am sure life would throw smoother stones my way. :) I could read her books over and over and over. Probably because I can relate to her in so many ways and that, draws me to her writing. Eat, Pray, Love is a real gem for me, so full of yummy nuggets. I can't believe I do not own the movie. Gosh, I am going to have to remedy this problem and purchase it. It is the perfect movie for a lonely Friday or Saturday night.

Now if only I had the money to travel the world to find myself. :)

*********************************************



So hooked on Matt's music right now.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quote and photo. Lonliness is something that we need to learn to live with sometimes. I was divorced for thirty years, before I met my current husband, less than 3 years ago. At first I tried to fill the lonliness with meaningless things and then decided to learn to deal with it. I decided it was better to be alone than waste my time on unimportant things. I only did things I truly wanted to, like spend time with my children, grandchildren and true friends. But that left a lot of time alone. I learned to live this way and was happy . But then a friend introduced me to my husband, at my resistance : ) So we never know where life will take us. It is a long and winding road.

adrielleroyale said...

It is so true that everyone must learn to be ok with being alone (or according to my belief, alone with God) at some point in their lives so as not to use and discard others to fill the gap if just for a moment. Blessings dear blogging friend :)

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Thank gf's for the lovely comments.

Funny in a strange kind of way, this was my message from The Universe this morning:

Living in time and space, Sixpence, just might be the scariest, most heartbreaking, and lonely path an angel could ever choose.

Until, of course, they realize that being scared doesn't mean they can't make a difference, broken hearts can still love just fine, and that feeling lonely doesn't mean they're actually alone.

Then they'll laugh an angel laugh, fluff their wings, and dare a new dare all over again.

Love your halo,
The Universe

:)

Hope you both have a beautiful week! xOx

Anonymous said...

Loneliness is hard feeling to come to terms with.We all long for connection, to be heard and understood. I think you write beautifully. I have fallen pray to the comparison trap and it never leaves me feeling good. You are not alone, even if we (your online community) are not the same as in person connection we are still here for you and support you:) Wishing you love and light. xo

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

tiatuenge, thank you for visiting and the lovely comforting comment. I found your blog over the weekend and found it so inspiring. I'll be stalking your blog now. :) I always in need any and all inspiration I can find. I can feel your warmth and kindness flowing through the words in your blog, very comforting. I agree, comparison is never healthy or constructive - it deflates any joy we have or feel and never, never helps with the creative process.
Have a beautiful and lovely week.
xOx