Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Hemingway Pair


My Zebra Finches, Hadley and Ernest Hemingway

The little basket in the left corner is where they sleep, all snuggled up together - so cute. The antique bird cage is one of my flea market buys from Germany.

“His talent was as natural as the pattern that was made by the dust on a butterfly's wings. At one time he understood it no more than the butterfly did and he did not know when it was brushed or marred. Later he became conscious of his damaged wings and of their construction and he learned to think and could not fly any more because the love of flight was gone and he could only remember when it had been effortless.”

― Ernest Hemingway

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your finches are so beautiful!
The Hemingway quote seems so sad. But I've been feeling kind of melancholy all morning. Must be the after holiday let down and going back to work.

La Petite Gallery said...

My Mom had birds, she loved them.
The writing makes me think of myself, I can't fly anymore my leg
is giving me a problem, plus old age.
Ha !! the golden years, my ass.
I don't know what's going next.
yvonne

Jo said...

I am obsessed with the Jazz Age in Paris. LOVE that you named your gorgeous pair Hadley and Ernest!
Since I'm guessing you are a fan of the era as well, I'd love to know what books you've read on that wild group. We can compare notes! ;)
xox