Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mango Salsa

Photo by SPBM

Made fish tacos with fresh mango salsa for dinner tonight. They turned out fantastic and the salsa was amazing. I used Talapia, delicious. I did not get a pic of the tacos, too late and only a few minutes out of the day can I get a decent photo in my kitchen, lighting not so great. The recipe I used did not have a sauce with it, but next time I will make a sauce.

I could eat the salsa as a meal, it was so good, and super easy. I was lucky and got two mangoes that were perfect, ripe but not too ripe.

Ingredients: chopped mangoes, chopped red and green onion, lime juice from fresh lime, red pepper flakes, chopped cilantro, chopped sweet red pepper, and I even added a little bit of grated fresh ginger.

Next time, I'll try and get a picture of the fish tacos.

2 comments:

Lola G. said...

We've been enjoying some delicious mangoes in recent weeks. They've been rather large, so this might be a good way to use some of that excess. Cilantro and ginger are two of my favorite treats for my taste buds, so thank you for the inspiration!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Lola,

Use your imagination when making yours. I tend to take a recipe and alter it, using what I have on hand. I loved the ginger in it, but I can't think of too much that I would not like ginger in. :) I put it in anything I think can handle the flavor. :)) These mangoes were so good, I went back to the store and bought some more. I love it when I get lucky and get exceptionally good fruit. It's not always the case. Let me know if you add anything extra or different that would compliment the salsa.

xOx