Saturday, October 27, 2012

it's saturday,,,i think

Last night sometime around 10:30 I decided I wanted to bake something. It had to be something I had all the ingredients for, no late store trip for baking. :)

After searching for recipes that I had everything in the pantry and fridge to make, I came up with the Upside Down Cranberry Cake. I had a recipe that I really liked, but could not find that one. My final decision was to use Williams Sonoma recipe, and I was not disappointed. Actually, I like it better. You whip the egg whites like you are making meringue and fold in into the batter, making a lighter cake.

This cake was delicious! It did not call for nuts and I did add a few walnuts at the end.

Will make this again over Thanksgiving when my daughter is home.

You can find the recipe here.


photo by spbm

photo by spbm

photo by spbm

photo by spbm

On another note altogether, spent Thursday at Truman Hospital. D. had test, they came out OK, for which I am thankful. I was exhausted by the time Thursday arrived, before ever going to the hospital. The prep for the test started on the 20th, test on the 25th. Two days with not a bite, and with him being diabetic and major heart condition, it is so unnerving for me. I was terrified of his blood sugar dropping. It ran perfect during that time. I was told to go back to his regular routine after the procedure, which I did. But he had some really low bs drops Thursday night and yesterday. I was really wishing I had only given him half his night insulin. I think not having anything in his system, there was nothing for the base insulin to deal with.

Photo was taken waiting for him to wake up from the anesthesia enough to leave.
**************************

And...another thought...a song I heard at the end of a movie last night and liked. Hope you enjoy it too.

 
 Wishing everyone a lovely and relaxing weekend.

xoxo

6 comments:

Cat said...

that song is hauntingly beautiful
glad the tests were ok, worry about the exhaustion

that cake looks yummy!

hope you weekend is giving the recuperation time you need♥

love and light

Jo said...

beautiful song. i hope all is going well this weekend, and that you are getting some much needed rest and that d. is feeling good. type 1 runs in my family. i feel for you and d. sending you much love and positive vibes.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Cat,

The cake is way too yummy...I have a thing for sweet and tart. :)

Thank you for the well wishes, and for stopping by, it means a lot.

I did sleep some, it's more mental exhaustion I think.

I hope all is well in your world and life this weekend...and that it has been a relaxing one.

xOxO

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Jo, thanks so much sweetie. Yes, he is feeling a bit better. :)

Diabetes is such a horrible disease. Most people do not have any idea just how bad it is. It literally affects every part of the body.

Take good care of yourself, if it runs in your family...well, I am sure you know all that stuff.

That song is really beautiful.

I'm glad you are on the West Coast and I do not have to worry about you during this storm. :)

Have a beautiful Sunday!

P.S. Cute new pic! You are pure cuteness!

Collar City Brownstone said...

I am glad things went well. I had two brothers with diabetes.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Xenia, I hope they are doing well.
xoxo