Sunday, January 27, 2013

sunday already

Here it is...Sunday already. Time sure does fly by. I remember as a kid, the minutes were much longer than they are now. How does that work?

Anyway, it is almost 60 degrees today. Wow! I'm loving it, even though it is a bit strange for this time of year. We have had some cold days, one decent snow so far. As for me that is good enough...but I won’t get too excited just yet, we still have February, and even March can be bad. I just don't enjoy the dormant look so much, needing to seem some green and flowers blooming. :)

So, D. has another infection in one of his toes. Since I treat and wrap his feet every night, I noticed something wrong quickly and got him into the doctor the next day. He put him back on antibiotics, which are really bothering him. I'm giving him a lot of yogurt, but he is limited to how much of that he can eat since he is diabetic. He eats yogurt every day, but I'm giving him a little at each meal and a snack between meals. I think he has had so many antibiotics that his body is screaming...I have felt somewhat extra stressed but believing it is going to be OK. You just cannot imagine how bad his feet are. Yoga exercise and some meditation have helped some. I need to commit to spending more time in meditation. Well, I do not want to dwell on it; I'm just trying to stay positive and believe for healing.

Making some red lentil soup today; looking forward to that for dinner.

I hope everyone has had a relaxing and joyous weekend. And may each of you have some beautiful magic happen for you this weekend.
xoxo

photo by spbm 
 

photo by spbm

Reading a lot of Rumi these days. :)

No comments: