I made this outstanding and delicious, easy salad from Damn Delicious. It has so many wonderful flavors in it that I love, and is healthy. Can't beat that.
photos by spbm
Note: I doubled the dressing recipe, just because I love the flavors so much. I also replaced half of the sesame oil with toasted sesame oil, and added an additional tablespoon of honey. This is one of those recipes you can easily adjust to your own taste.
Asian Pasta Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
Yields 3-4 servings
- 8 ounces elbows pasta
- 1 California Avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
To make the dressing, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and sesame seeds; set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine pasta,avocado, mango, carrot, cabbage, green onion, pine nut, soy sauce dressing, salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from Damn Delicious Blog