Friday, October 25, 2013

Yummy Kale Chips


OH.MY....My new favorite thing...Kale Chips. I looked at a bag in the health food section a couple weeks ago, at $10 for a very small bag; there was no freakin’ way. I wasn't sure I would like them, so I haven't been so eager to make them. I was putting kale in my pot of soup this evening and I had a handful of kale left. I didn't want to put it back in the fridge; I looked up a recipe on the Internet and tried a small batch of kale chips. I could not believe how much I loved them. They are light and crunchy. Nothing could be easier to make. Since I did not have that much kale, I could not use the amount of oil and vinegar the recipe called for. I drizzled some olive oil and a little cider vinegar over the kale, tossed the kale, put it on a baking sheet, sprinkled a little sea salt, and decided this sounded so simple, I added a few sprinkles of smoked paprika. Baked them on the bottom rack on 350 for a few minutes, tossed them and put them back in the oven until they were crisp. I saw other recipes after making these that say cook in a 250-degree oven. I think I will try that next time, just because I watched these very closely to make sure they did not burn. Or, maybe I will cook them exactly the same way. Also, saw where others used lemon juice in place of the vinegar. Anyway, will be making a lot of these and experimenting with different seasonings. Sooooo Delicious!!!


Photos by spbm

Recipe:http://thehealthdiary.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/recipe-dr-terry-wahls-baked-kale-chips/

No comments: