Monday, April 13, 2015

Dutch Baby Pancakes and A Song

For some strange reason I feel having a doctor's appointment gives me a free ticket to eat anything I desire. An appointment coming up tomorrow morning. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do I need to say I am so over going to the doctor and testing, if not, I am shouting it to the heavens and beyond. 


Anways, made a Dutch Baby Pancake with fresh strawberries and blackberries, topped off with fresh whipped cream, the kind that comes in a bottle, (the best kind). 

photos by spbm

Also, I think I like taking photos of these things.
Here's my recipe for an individual serving:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Add the following in a bowl:
1 egg
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup milk 
(skim, 2%, or whole will work. I use whatever I have on hand)
pinch of salt
dash of vanilla extract
Beat the above ingredients by hand with a wire whisk until smooth, pour into
a preheated small skillet with 1-2 tblsp. of melted butter, that has been melted in the skillet while preheating the skillet.

Top with whatever toppings you like. Sometimes I drizzle honey, lemon juice, and sprinkle with powder sugar. 

You can double the recipe for two, 
and for 3 - 4 servings, use:
4 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
half stick butter 
(you can actually get by with a little less butter)
1-2 teas. vanilla extract
1/4 teas. salt
follow the above instruction for the remainder of the recipe.
You can use a cake pan for this or a couple of cast iron skillets, be sure they are seasoned,
otherwise, your pancakes will stick.

And today, I have been obsessed with this song:



No comments: