Saturday, November 01, 2008

Crossing paths


While at the Thrift Shop today, I was reminded to take time and thank God for my blessings. An older man came from the back - where the restroom was located - yelling, "I did it mom! And I pulled my pants up." He looked to be in his 40s. When the woman went to him she did not look like she was as old or any older than he was, and she had the most pleasant and calming voice; She says to him in the most gentle way, "OK, but remember you are inside, use your inside voice." She checks his pants to make sure they are fastened, and directs him to an area of the store he might be interested in. I do not think she could have been his mother but it didn't matter, she was the person taking care of him. Knowing the patience it must take to take care and deal with this on a daily basis, makes her a heroine by my standards.

Life isn't always easy and we all have our crosses to bear, but I was reminded once again to be thankful this day.

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest of all virtues, but the parent of all other virtues." ~Cicero



No comments: