Friday, April 01, 2011

Friday Recipe: Orange Roasted Carrots & Parsnips

Just found this recipe and I'll be making this very soon; I love carrots, any way they are prepared. I'll post a review after I have made it, but I KNOW it is going to be as delicious as it looks.



Orange Roasted Carrots & Parsnips

Serves 2-4

1 pound carrots
1/2 pound parsnips
1 fennel bulb
4-5 mandarin oranges or 1 large orange
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F.

Peel the carrots and parsnips, or just scrub them well, and halve lengthwise. If the parsnips are large, quarter them lengthwise, cut out the woody center, and, if necessary, continue to cut into thinner strips to match the size of the carrots.

Cut the fennel into wedges.

Slice the oranges, keeping the peel on or off according to preference. If using a large orange, halve or quarter the slices.

Toss the carrots, parsnips, fennel, and oranges with the olive oil and maple syrup and season with salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet.

Roast, turning occasionally, until tender and browned, between 20-30 minutes.

Remove from oven, season to taste, and serve.

4 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Nice recipe! Root vegetables taste so good roasted.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

sounds yummy and looks divine!!!

and i LOVE the fantabulous photos of interiors below - you and i have exactly the same tastes, dear lady!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sixpence,

I often bake my kumara ( sweet potato) with squeezed orange juice and a knob of butter and it is so good.
Hope that you are having a lovely weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

Jo said...

I can't wait to try this! Lucky for me, my boyfriend does not like carrots, so I'll get this yummy dish all to myself! Thank you very much! ;)