Monday, July 04, 2011

Thoughts of Innocence

After having a week of NOT getting any good photos (surely the fault of the camera, huh?) I was playing around with the settings trying to figure them out. Reading a manual is not one of my favorite things to do, so instead, I play around with the camera and still do not know what I did. :)

Anyways, I like these pictures, and quotes.

“Know you what it is to be a child? It is to be something very different from the man of to-day. It is to have a spirit yet streaming from the waters of baptism; it is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief; it is to be so little that the elves can reach to whisper in your ear; it is to turn pumpkins into coaches, and mice into horses, lowness into loftiness, and nothing into everything, for each child has its fairy godmother in its own soul.”

~ Francis Thompson

 “When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at the college - that my job was to teach people how to draw. She stared at me, incredulous, and said, "You mean they forget?"”

~Howard Ikemoto

“The few wonders of the world only exist while there are those with the sight to see them.”

~Charles de Lint

A HaPpY new week to ALL.
xOx




20 comments:

Sabrina Tassini said...

love this mood and pics..they make me feel relaxed..:)
kiss

Patchwork à Porter

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Your photos are great!
Very summerly (maritim)!
Wish you a wonderful new week,
Hugs,
Yvonne

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Sabrina! Thanks so much for the sweet comment. Always nice to see you visited.

Wishing you a wonderful new week.

xOx

Yvonne, I appreciate the compliment coming from such a great photographer. The camera gods did not smile on me this past week. :)

Have a super week!

xOx

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your photos turned out lovely. And yes...it's always the camera's fault. hee

Happy 4th. :)

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hey Sophia...it's always the camera. lol

I appreciate the compliment on the photos.

Hope you are having a beautiful and HAPPY 4th.

xOx

Gail said...

Seems to me you are doing fine without reading the book.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Oh Gail...thank you so much! :) My point and shoot quit on me, and I am having to try and figure this other thing out. May be investing in another point and shoot.:)

xOx

pure Viefalt said...

Great pictures!Such a nice mood.
I also like the combination of glass and light.

kind regards from Betty

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Happy Tuesday Betty. I was a little surprised any of these turned out with the sun shining so brightly. :)

xOx

Anonymous said...

I love the simple, natural elegance of these photos. They have a sepia feel to them. The first quote is magical. I needed some magic today.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your photos are just fabulous. I love your creativity.

Paula

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Ladycat, I think I am in need of magic every single day. :) I'm delighted you found some on my posting. Hope you're having a magical week. xOx

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hello Paula! Thanks for visiting and commenting. I appreciate the compliment. I'll visit your blog today.

Happy Wednesday!

xOx

adrielleroyale said...

Sometimes the pictures you have to fight the hardest to get turn out the best :) Love these quotes and the way they so perfectly compliment your pictures! Just beautiful!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Adrielle, isn't that the truth about photos. :) Happy you enjoyed the quotes. :)

xOx

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love the photos. Thanks for visiting.I'm following you, so I'll be back!
Hugs,
Patti

Margie said...

Wonderful photos!
So love them!
Also the quotes!

Margie xo

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sixpence,

I loved seeing all your wonderful photos and the quotes are great.
Sweet remark from your daughter.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, what a beautiful post - soft and sweet and just perfect - loved the images and the quotes with them - i used to have an old nikon f2 camera that i adored - and it loved me enough to always always give me magnificent images - well, to me they were magnificent - but, have not found that same visceral connection to my digital - i'm sure it has to do with just that - my nikon and i needed each other to work together - the digital can do it all by itself! ;) in any event, a beautiful post, dear lady - have had major computer issues of late so have not been able to make my visits as i would have liked but am back now so am looking forward to playing catch up - do come round my places when you are so inclined - and have a wonderful remainder of the day!

Minka said...

You mean they forget?

Awesome!