Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thankful

Sixpence & A Blue mOOn Photo
This guy was on the butterfly bush for several hours today, working hard.

After the bottom falling out of my hot water heater several days ago, I have a new water heater and hot water today. I was a bit disappointed when I knew I would have to dive into the savings I have been saving for what seems like forever, for a new tub, toilet, and flooring for my upstairs bathroom that no longer works. Still, I am thankful I had enough to replace the water heater. At first look, I thought it wasn't too bad, less than $400 for the cheapest hot water heater, but by the time it was installed, it came to $784.00. It will be so nice to be able to take a hot bath tonight. I boiled water a couple of nights; it took forever and many trips up the stairs. I had concluded on Monday night, I was going to have to spray more perfume because I was not spending another night boiling and carrying boiling water up a flight of stairs. I am so happy with the installer - he was fast, kind, and did a great job. I was worried about the rust spilling all over the place by the time he got the old one up the basement stairs and out the door, but very few drops and he cleaned them up. I must go online and leave a very generous comment for him and his company. :)
.
You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The butterfly is AMAZING!!!
I'm so glad that you have hot water again. It is nice when someone does a good job and takes pride in their work.
I love the gratitude quote and it is so true. We are so blessed and I am thankful every day. Sometimes I forget momentarily and complain about unimportant things and then am ashamed of myself. I try to do better. But down inside I never take any of it for granted.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Ladycat, I think every person walking the earth is guilty of complaining once in awhile about things that are not that important. I'm complaining right now, my air condition just stopped working? :) It's amazing how fast we can deflate. :) Like you, inside I do not ever take anything for granted either. I spend too much time sitting at a hospital or doctor's office with a loved one...so I know things can always be worse. I try to maintain a positive attitude, there are those times when it is really hard. Thanks so much for your visit. xOx

La Petite Gallery said...

Sometimes I feel like I take one step forward and 2 backwards.
It's always something, I just got my prop tax it went up, can you believe.
The country is in a financial mess and they up the taxes, won't fix the roads. Politians have stolen us blind.
yvonne

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Yvonne! Yes, I think we all feel this way at times, as if we are running in backward motion. Life is full of highs and lows for us all. Even with the lows, I am thankful for what I have. After talking to myself last night and putting things in perspective, I realized that at least I have an air conditioner to break, while there are so many who do not have one to go on the blink. Later in the evening, we figured out that the installer had accidentally hit a switch that turned it off. He was working in a very small space. :) Wishing many good things to come your way soon. xOx

adrielleroyale said...

Lovely photo, and it is so true - that and what you say can make such a huge difference in and of themselves... :)