Monday, January 02, 2012

Good Eats

Over this past week I cooked a chicken recipe I had eyed on What's Cookin' Chicago? Blog. The Apple-Maple Glazed Chicken is delicious and I have made this twice in the past week. I used chicken tenders because it is what I had and it turned out fantastic. This is easy and doesn't take many ingredients, and is so tasty. Last night, I made a sandwich on fresh homemade wheat bread, some fresh spinach, sliced red onion, with some sweet and spicy dressing that I made with a little of the glaze from the chicken and mayo and a pinch of grainy mustard - it was delicious!

Homemade wheat bread, my own recipe.

Homemade minestrone soup, my own recipe.

4 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this just looks so delicious!!

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. :)

Happy weekend to you!

xOx

GYPSYWOMAN said...

looks and sounds divine! and i love hot fresh bread in the winter - dripping in land o' lakes real butter, of course! ;)

so sorry i've not been by in a while but have just been more than distracted with family issues of late - so you will forgive please -

i've meant to ask if you are on facebook? if you are, would love to be "friends" with you there -

wishing you a magical new year filled with peace and love and happiness - hugs - jenean

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Girl, me too! :) Love it toasted in the mornings dripping with butter and homemade jam. :)

There's nothing to forgive you for. I know about those distractions. I hope things have settled down for you, sweetie.

Let me know how to find you on fb.

Have a beauty of a week!
xOx