Tuesday, November 27, 2012

making memories

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, spending it with those you love and the ones who make you smile.

It was a busy week for me, my little ones were here and it was so much fun. I only get to see them once a year, and their visit always comes to an end before I am ready for it. We spent a lot of time in the kitchen, and way too much eating for me, not use to eating so much. :) Thanksgiving dinner was great! I always cook a very traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas meal. I always cook a turkey; my kids want the dressing and think it just isn’t right without the turkey. A turkey and a ham would be too much for four people, the two little ones don’t eat enough to keep my little birds happy. :)

I was able to make some special memories with my little Ada, she helped with the piecrust, and one night she and Edison made their own individual pizzas with their choice of toppings (being cheese, cheese, and more cheese.) :) But they had so much fun rolling out the dough and putting the sauce and cheese on top. Edison did make a pathfinder on top of his with some black olives.

My daughter gave me permission to put some pics on my blog for you all to see why I brag. :)
Photo by spbm
My little beauty rolling out her pie dough. I can't tell you how many little hands of flour went into her dough. :)
Photo by spbm
I love these little hands!

Photo by spbm
By the time we got to this point, she was tired and kept trying to lay her little head on the dough. :)

photo by spbm
She made this with her two beautiful little hands; it's full of magic.

photo by spbm
Ada and Edison getting ready to chow down on their cheese pizza.

I have to confess, it is such joy to watch whatch my daughter with these two precious little people, she does an amazing job!!! I am so proud of her!

**************

On another note, D. has a couple of new wounds to toes. I skipped checking his feet for two days and then when I checked...not good. I am praying hard today that they start healing quickly. It is on the foot that was so bad over the summer, and on the same two toes. :(

I am treating them, his Dr. is out this week. (wouldn't you know it?) :(
He has an appointment with his GP on Thursday, so I pray hard that they improve and between now and then.


So...today, I am trying hard to believe...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are adorable! It sounds like you all had a special Thanksgiving.
And the pizza looks so yummy : )

nyssa said...

such beautiful pics! there is something so magical about kids in the kitchen. what beautiful memories and tradition for all of you. I hope D's wounds heal quickly. take care of yourself too!! xoxo

Cat said...

love those little people
they bring such joy...i look forward to being a grandmother..one day...but not too soon, my oldest is almost 19 and still has alot of living to do

I hope D's toes heal soon!!!

love and light

ps would love for you to join Nyssa and i at out poetry blog
http://twomakingheartsongs.blogspot.ca/
hope to see you there

Lola G. said...

I'm very glad you had those precious moments that feed the spirit and the soul.

I'm holding good thoughts for the physical healing needed this week, and I'm hoping that the worry surrounding those concerns doesn't make it too difficult to maintain the freshness of the recent visit.