Thursday, November 01, 2012

memories from the past

photo by spbm

From Still Mostly True by Brian Andreas

This reminds me of the small carnivals that came to town, that my dad would take me to as a kid. The ferris wheel and cotton candy were my two favorite things. (I still love cotton candy)
They were small carnivals...but a big deal to me.

Every adult needs good childhood memories to escape to from time to time. I have quite a few. I'm thankful for that.

************
“For in every adult there dwells the child that was, and in every child there lies the adult that will be.”


― John Connolly, The Book of Lost Things



2 comments:

Jo said...

that quote is amazing! and, i agree with you completely, good childhood memories are so important. it always fascinates me to think of what moments we do remember, and i wonder what moments my little nephews will recall someday.

hope you're having a good week!
xo

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Jo!

Childhood should be magical for everyone. I am betting your nephew is storing up lots of great memories to recall one day.

I'm having a great week!

Wishing you a great week also.

xoxo