Wednesday, November 14, 2012

nugget of hope

Wow! Two postings in one day for me - this is big. :) 
I have so much going on in my life - a lot of fearful things. If only I could let go of the fear and just let life happen. I'm constantly searching for words, blogs, writings, quotes and sayings to give me that little pinch of hope in order to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on going.

I just read Paulo Coelho's blog and found that little nugget that helps tonight. I wanted to post it, with the hope that maybe it will be nourishment for another's trying moment.

photo by spbm

CHANGE AND RENEWAL by PAULO COELHO

When winter arrives, the trees must sigh in sadness as they see their leaves falling.


They say: ‘We will never be like we were before.’

Of course.

Or still, what is the meaning of renewing oneself? The next leaves will have their own nature, they pertain to a new summer that approaches and which will never be like the one that passed.

Living means changing – and the seasons repeat these lessons to us every year.

Changing means going through a period of depression: we still don’t know the new and we have to forget everything we used to know.

But if we are a little patient, spring ends up arriving and we forget the winter of our hopelessness.

Change and renewal are the laws of life.

It is best to get used to them and not suffer about things that only exist to bring us joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very wise words...thank you for sharing. Sometimes putting one foot in front of the other is all we can do. But that will eventually get us where we are supposed to be.

Lola G. said...

You may already be familiar with these, but I keep a little book in which I write down quotes that have resonated with me at different times. When I read this post, these are what came to mind.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." from Mary Anne Radmacher

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." from Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peace to you,
Lola

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Ladycat, You're so right, sometimes it is the only thing we can do. xoxo

Lola, I actually have Mary Anne's quote at the bottom of my page. It's always been a favorite of mine. Yes, I keep quote journals, love them. Guess I'm looking for that one that works magic. :)xoxo

Lola G. said...

I felt that I had to return here to say that there are times when we don't find the magic when we're looking for it. Sometimes we just have to let it find us.

However it appears, I hope you connect. ~ L.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Lola, thank you for returning and leaving wonderful thoughts. I think you're right.

Maybe it's not magic I'm looking for as much as peace and calm.

I really appreciate your visits. Thank you so much for taking time to stop by.

xoxo