Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Piece of Cake

I found a recipe last week on Pinterest last week that caught my attention, anything with "ginger" gets my attention. I use ginger in anything that I can put ginger in, the real stuff, not the powder too often.

photo:spbm

This cake is simple, and it doesn't take a lot of ingredients, and is packed with carrots, not too sweet, but very good. The only thing I will change next time is, I will definitely add more fresh minced ginger. I did use the powder amount the recipe called for, but added a little more minced, fresh ginger. I could have been more generous with the minced ginger. Not sure how old my powder ginger is, hardly ever use it, it may have been a bit flat. I did not want the ginger to be overpowering, but it could have used more. Then again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE ginger.

 photo:spbm

You can find the recipe here: http://www.giverecipe.com/fluffy-ginger-carrot-cake.html

We did a good deed yesterday, rescued a little bird that had fallen into the fireplace, (fortunately, no fire in there,) not sure how long it had been there, but he/she was still very healthy and ready to get back to it's natural surroundings.




photo:spbm

3 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

Glad you used gloves, I didn't and the Mother never came back.
I love ginger too. Happy Easter.
yvonne

Cat said...

what a beautiful bird!!!
a visit with meaning I am sure

love and light

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Yvonne, I think he/she had already left the nest, when released he/she flew away. :) My husband got him out and I made him wear gloves, I thought it looked like he/she had a healthy beak. :)
Yes, ginger is one of my favorites and I use it at every opportunity. It's so good for you too.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Have a blessed week! xoxo

Hi Cat,
Always wonderful to find you have visited. I am so far behind with blogging, had so much going on since last summer, I find it hard to be consistent with it. Hope all is well with you. I LOVE the new profile photo! Beautiful! xoxo