Wednesday, April 23, 2014

This week happenings

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Holiday! 

Our weekend was spent painting the stairs and walls going to the basement. And as always, one thing led to another, moving and cleaning. 
Could not believe I painted it pink!? Seriously, I have never been a pink fan, lately, I am liking pink a lot?????????
Strange.
 
  It's a very pretty pale, soft pink, the color is called Angel Food. I wanted to brighten this up and I'm going to put a runner on the steps. The floor at the bottom of the steps is just concrete, painting it made it look much cleaner and feel much cleaner. Hopefully it will be easier to keep clean. Actually, it looks better irl.

 
This is at the top landing, where I have moved the medical station to, where I keep all the supplies to take care of D. 
I still need to hang the pictures back up on the wall to the right. 

My collection of cookbooks were on the landing, I have moved them into the kitchen. One day, when I have more time and energy than I know what to do with, I will take down the wallpaper that was here when we moved in about eight years ago. And I have hopes of putting down a new floor sometime soon.

I moved an old metal saw stand in from the garage and put an old wood table top (that I have not been able to get rid of) on top of it, and covered it with a couple of old wood dough boards I brought back from Germany. Gave me a little more workspace, which I desperately need.

 
And, in making all the changes around the house, I managed to make our little Ada a couple pair of leg warmers. She likes wearing them for her ballet class, and she is starting ice skating classes soon, so she thinks she will need some. :) Love making things for my kiddos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wishing everyone a blessed remainder of the week.

No comments: