Sunday, August 24, 2014

New Beginnings

So...I am on a journey...one that I am telling myself is an adventure to new and better things...I am doing my best to stay positive. I'll be glad when they get me on a treatment plan and I am feeling more like a normal person. It will be wonderful when this incision is totally healed and I no longer have to have my neck and face bandaged and no worry of the wound getting infected - I'm getting there.


After surgery - my face so swollen.

Yesterday, I felt well enough to make a batch of banana nut muffins. The doctors are wanting me to gain some weight. Not so easy to do when you don't feel like eating, and, I don't know if it's all the meds I have been taking or what, but nothing taste really great. Healing is in the process. I will be better than what I was, it will happen. 


 Recipe:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teas. vanilla
3 bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 cup nuts

Cream together margarine, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix flour, soda, and salt. Add 1/2 flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix. Next add 1/2 bananas and mix. Then add last half of flour mixture, mix, and add last half of bananas and mix. Add nuts. Bake in lightly floured bread or muffin pans in 350 degree oven until toothpick comes out clean. Best if not over-baked.

Note: I sometimes add coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg.

8 comments:

Margie said...

awwwww, may you heal fast and well.
xo

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Margie,

Thanks so much ! I definitely working on the healing. So ready for it to happen.

Thanks so much for stopping by with you kind words and thoughts.

xoxo

Willow said...

Here you are my friend I came looking for you ~ I don't know how your blog got bumped it must have been during my switch over.
Wishing you all the best in your recovery , I will check back in on you.
Sending healing hugs.
Willow

AtelierObsolete said...

Get well soon ..
I m reading your blog about a year now and i love the way you see and write the world you live in.
Have a speedy recovery xx

C'est la Vie said...

Thinking of You. Hope you get better soon. I have been not so good a the blogging thing for a while now.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Willow!

So happy to see you visited, I felt the good vibes the second I logged on.
Thank you so very much for the well wishes. I am believing for a full recovery, though I have quite a bit to go through and get behind me, but one day at a time.

Went to the doctor today, got the bandages off. So happy about that.

Btw, we have four baby zebra finches. Go figure. It has been amazing to watch. I wish I could get some photos but I just can't seem to get anything worth posting. They are so tiny and only four days old, so don't want to do anything to upset mom and dad and cause any problems. They are doing well so far.

Thanks so much for the visit.

xoxo

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hello there...I appreciate so much you stopping by. I appreciate that you read my blog and enjoy it. I am hoping to feel well enough to get a bit more serious about posting more interesting things, that's my hope. :) I really appreciate you.
xo

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi C'est la Vie,

I appreciate every time you visit. Thank you for the thoughts and well wishes. I'm doing better, little by little I intend to get there.

Many thanks!
xo