Saturday, April 11, 2015

Too Many Irons In The Fire


When I planted this little bush it was about two inches high. This year there are several blooms, the most it has ever had in the past are two blooms. 
Progress.

Stop acting so small.
You are the Universe in ecstatic motion.
Rumi

I had good intentions, really I did...I was not going to have so many projects going at one time, but, it's in my DNA to have lots of things going on - I'm sure of it. I have Ada's Fancy Fox quilt in the making, another quilt that I'm ready to start quilting, made a gardening apron last night for Ada out of a pair of old jeans, and of course, I need now to make another for the little guy. 
I can't seem to watch a movie or tv show without have something in my hands, so I crocheted Ada a little spring cap last night. And I need to do some serious cleaning in my hobby room but just cannot get motivated to tackle that project. When I have projects going on I do not have a neat and tidy work room. Sewing is a messy hobby. :) There are all the strings, dust from cutting and tearing the fabric, and scraps all over the freakin' place. 

Here are some of my projects happenings this week:

photo by spbm

Photo by spbm

Recycled Denim Apron for Ada.


Photos by spbm

Ready to start add batting and baste to start the quilting process. 

2 comments:

Gail said...

Wonderful projects.

I may borrow your denim idea if it's okay.

I feel guilty if I just watch tv. I have to be doing something extra.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Hi Gail!

Hey borrow away, I borrowed from the idea from someone else. I just did my own thing as for the size. It is so simple, used the hem of the jeans as the bottom, which meant no hemming on the apron. Let me know if you need any measurements.

Same here, I can't just watch tv. I don't watch much tv anyways, usually a movie. And I use that time to do some things like crocheting or hand quilting.

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a beautiful Sunday !