Sunday, August 21, 2016

Moments

I captured a moment in time yesterday...this leaf has been hanging from the table umbrella with a single strand of a spider web. It survived a high wind and storm on Friday night. Inspiring and impressive to watch how strong this one strand of a web is.

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf." ~Tagore

It's been quite a while since I posted anything. I've been trying to take care of myself and keep my Etsy shop going. Etsy is my source for paying for my prescriptions and doctor's appointments. And now, I'm putting a few dollars back to save enough to buy a car. Not working, I want to be able to buy a car with cash so I don't have a car payment to worry about.

I've been feeling pretty good. I have days...but very thankful for feeling as well as I do. I have a new prescription for my eyes. You cannot miss an application once you start it, It's quite expensive and I want to know that I can have it for 3-4 months since it takes that long to know whether it is going to work.

On to better things, it was a wonderful summer. My kiddos came home in June and it was fantastic having them home. Would love to live close to them.

It is already having the feel of fall outside. Temps are perfect right now. I'm kind of dreading the idea of bringing my plants indoors for the winter. My house is not the best for house plants, no good lighting for plants. I can barely keep them alive until spring. With temps already so cool I'm fearing I may have to bring them inside even earlier than normal. And it is almost time to bring out the soup pot and start making soups and bread again. YAY!!!

I'm very thankful that my Etsy shop has been doing well, sales picked up this year. August has been slow? I'm guessing because of summer ending and everyone getting ready for back to school. Ready for it to pick back up. I think I am spending more on Etsy fees than what I am making, The last couple of months I have been putting some things on Craigslist, which is ok, but what a pain. You spend a lot of time emailing or texting back and forth, and then you never hear from them again. Or, you set up a time and meeting place and they never show. I only sell things I can get in my car and meet with people in a public place. I'm just not comfortable with strangers coming to my home.

Here are a few things I have listed on Etsy lately. Go check them out, you just may find something you cannot live without.:)

This retro/mid-century uplight is pretty awesome.
You can buy it here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/460171666/vintage-mid-centuryretroup-light?ref=shop_home_active_7


And then...there is this really awesome handpainted folk art plate from Greece.
And it is available here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/473477225/beautiful-folk-art-greek-handmade-hand?ref=shop_home_active_9


This sweet handmade pottery vase is here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/460161528/lovely-moderncontemporaryrusticboho?ref=shop_home_active_8

The perfect natural wood vase for the bohemian, modern, contemporary, or minimalist decor is available here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/459794004/mid-century-modern-handmade-natural-wood?ref=shop_home_active_12

Go check out my Etsy shop and find something really cool.



No comments: