Monday, October 08, 2012

Preparing For Cold Weather

This past weekend was spent finishing a couple of projects that I started last winter. Seems I always have several projects going at one time. If something interrupts me in the middle of a project, it is pushed aside for a while and I start another before finishing it. That's what happened with this scarf. It was simple enough to make, but took a lot of time taking apart thrift store apparel and cleaning it before sewing into something wearable. Some of this scarf was old suits I purchased in Germany; they have beautiful wool in Europe. Anyways, it’s finished now. YAY!!!

I debated on whether to sew around the edge and decided not to. I may decide to do it later but for now, I like it this way. I am very much into recycling - and it always feels so good when I make things from recycled, discarded items. Makes me feel like I am doing my part in saving the earth. :)


photos by spbm

On a different note, I made a recipe I found on Pinterest, using portobello mushrooms. Amazingly delicious! ...so easy and healthy.

Photo by spbm
Before going into the oven.

Photo by spbm
Before eating.

You can find the recipe here.

No comments: