Thursday, January 03, 2013

how do you shut down the brain?

It's a New Year! YAY!!!!
I'm hoping and expecting good things this year, for me and for you.

Night before last, I wrestled with my sheets, my pillow, and my mind ALL night long. I was ready to throw things. If I could have found a switch any where to shut my brain off I would have. My thoughts were drunk on worry, I guess. It was a long and miserable night.

Last night was quite a bit better. I need my sleep anymore. I want sleep!!! When I don't sleep, I don't feel like anything the next day, really crappy and cranky, actually. What happened to the days when I seriously could go for 2-3 days with no sleep???

Photo by spbm

Wishing everyone a beautiful weekend ahead!

xoxo

6 comments:

nyssa said...

I so hear you on this. I often don't sleep and like you, once upon a time, I could go for days without any. Now, one or two sleepless nights make me totally unable to function ( and since my insomnia is ever present, I don't seem to be able to accomplish much!!) I wish you a Happy New year filled with great things too! xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Opp...was working on my hubby's computer and he was still signe on. So I posted under his name. Sorry for the confusion : )
A very happy new year to you, my friend. I have the sam problem with sleepin. ALways seems to be when I know I have something big going on the next day. We can be our own worst enemy at time.

jo said...

wishing you a beautiful weekend filled with hours of glorious slumber!
xox

Cat said...

Happy New Year!!!
wishing you a peace filled weekend

love and light

Collar City Brownstone said...

Have you tried taking melatonin? I hear from people who take it that it works. I never had any problems sleeping. When my body is ready to rest I go into deep sleep very easily so I have never taken melatonin myself. That is the last thing that I need.