Monday, March 18, 2013

old-fashioned egg custard kinda night

Recently I came across a photo of egg custard on Pinterest. (Imagine that.) :) I have been craving it ever since I saw the photo. As a teenager, I made egg custard all the time, but not so much as an adult, try to not eat so many eggs. My willpower went into melt-down mode tonight and I made it. It is the exact same recipe my grandma made, which made it all the better. It turned out just like I remember, perfect. I'm not sure how many of these will be left by the time the sun comes up, not many, if any. David had a low blood sugar and got to eat a couple. I'll post the link to the blog below where you can find the recipe.

photo by spbm
 
 photo by spbm
 
photo by spbm
 
Recipe here: Living Tastefully

2 comments:

Collar City Brownstone said...

The egg custard looks so good. Unfortunately I don't eat eggs anymore since I am vegan now.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Xenia, it was really good. :) I love making it, it just has a comforting and soothing look when it is sitting on the counter. :)

Have a wonderful week ahead.

xoxo