Sunday, June 02, 2013

rain...a lot of green

This is been the strangest spring and summer I can remember, the second day of June and my thermometer reads 59 degrees. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get all of my yard work completed this summer... and still the pond needs some TLC. With all the rain we've had, everything is a beautiful green, but if the rain continues, I'll be swimming to get to the car.

My babies were here last week, made me a very happy camper for a few days. Had so much fun with them, going to the Science Museum, picking dandelion bouquets, etc. My little Ada inherited her love for flowers from me. She gets so excited over every single bloom she sees. No one has told her that some of them are weeds, so to her, every bloom is a beautiful masterpiece displayed by nature. She's amazing - so real, honest and pure.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer thus far.

Have a great week!

Quote:

“For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.”
― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

 All photos by SPBM

2 comments:

Collar City Brownstone said...

I cannot tell weeds from flowers either and love it all.

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Xenia, they're all lovely. :)