Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tuna Salad

I've been fighting fatigue and a week of not feeling awesome. I hoping the flare-up is on the way out. Need to do some energy moving in the house, trying to think of ways to rearrange the living room. I live in a townhouse and there are just not many options to moving furniture around. But I feel I need to do some moving things around. Everything is energy, just want to redirect it.

We had a few days of absolutely wonderful, beautiful weather. I really thought winter was history, doesn't seem so. It is 30 degrees this afternoon. I walked to the store and was wishing I had pulled out the scarf and gloves. 

I do feel spring will arrive to stay for a while very soon. 

On one of the warm days, I made some tuna salad for sandwiches. I love my tuna salad and have had people who do not like tuna salad tell me that mine is the only tuna salad they will eat. As always, I tend to use whatever I have in the pantry or fridge. No recipe needed for tuna salad. I always add mayo, a dash of yellow mustard, a couple dashes of lemon pepper, sweet pickle relish, chopped onion (I prefer red onion, but any will do when you do not have red,) pepper, (no salt for us, I have to watch sodium for David's heart issues,) finely chopped celery, chopped pepper, any color. Sometimes I will add sun dried tomatoes and/or chopped eggs and black olives. My chives are thriving right now and I chopped and added chives in this batch, delicious. We really like our sandwich topped with very thinly sliced red onions, peppers, black and green olives, and swiss cheese, and drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar. 

photos by spbm

My motto:
image via Pinterest


No comments: