Thursday, June 25, 2015

Perfect Weeknight Dish


A bit excited and a bit fearful, I leave tomorrow, driving to North Carolina. It is my first trip since my surgery last August and my diagnoses. My mind keeps bringing up all the what if's, but I'm trying to remove them with positive thoughts. My daughter wanted us to fly, but I was not comfortable with flying just yet. I need to feel like I can get horizontal if I need to. Plus, I cannot be without my water for more than a minute, and I am afraid they would take it from me and there I would be. Besides, the drive may be fun. 


On a yummy note, I made a dish last night that will be made many times this summer it is so delicious. It is simple and you can make it quickly. The tastes just kept taking us back in time to our trips in Italy. I did not measure my ingredients, it's the rebel in me I guess. :) But I think I came pretty close to the measurements in the recipe. 

All above photos by spbm

Do yourself a favor and try this. You will be glad you did. 
I am posting the link to the blog where 
I found the recipe. 

You can find the recipe here.

And while you are at it, check out this beautiful food blog, Butter Basil and Breadcrumbs, it is eye candy with great recipes. You will be glad you did. 

  ###########################

Thought for the day:

Some changes happen deep down inside of you. 
And the truth is, only you know about them.
~ Judy Blume


No comments: