Sunday, April 01, 2012

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken

Photo by SPBM

My daughter told me about this recipe - it is delicious!!! Nothing could be easier, and it may now be my every Sunday dinner meal. It frees up my Sunday evening, allowing me to do other things besides hang out in the kitchen. I put this in the crock-pot around noon, done by six. I served it over brown rice, topped it with some plain yogurt (because I had it and didn't have to buy sour cream). I prefer sour cream, and wish I had made some guacamole to go with this. Even slices of avocado would be delicious. I followed the recipe exactly, except, I had some fresh sage growing and chopped up a leaf of that, and I used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. I do think next time, I may even chop up a little onion and put in there, just because I love onions.

You can get the recipe from the blog: http://www.skinnytaste.com/

If you or anyone in your home is diabetic, there are some very good recipes on her blog.


Photo by SPBM

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sixpence,

So good to have a meal where you don't have to be slaving in the kitchen.
Thanks for sharing and it is a great Food blog and some delicious looking recipes.

Happy new week
Hugs
Carolyn

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

Carolyn,
I agree, always nice not to be in the kitchen all the time. There are days when I like it and other days, I want to do other things. I do love it when something is simple to cook and the end result is so delicious.

Have a beautiful week!
xOx