Thursday, May 07, 2015

Busy Week

I've had a busy week. David had surgery yesterday. Getting up at 5 a.m., not my thing these days. When I get up early I don't feel well, my eyes hurt so bad I can't see, not sure why getting up early affects how I feel, but it sure does. He's home now but I have to drive him to all appointments and  there are more meds to buy. :-(

I got home from the hospital today and took an hour nap.

Went to Target and picked up four new prescriptions. Came home and made some black bean and spinach enchiladas, so good. Then made a small apple, raisin, apricot and ginger tart. Absolutely love these. I got hooked on tarts while living in Germany, love their pastries.

Fortunately, I am feeling well enough to be up and can do a few things. Hope it lasts!!!

photo by spbm
Yesterday at Truman East, waiting.

photos by spbm

Truman Hospital Hill

photo by spbm
 I read an article about how good it was for your health to drink from a copper mug/glass, so bought this mug today at Target and I must say I LOVE it! Just bought one to see if I would like it, will be buying at least three more of them. 

 photo by spbm
This is so easy to make - sheet of puff pastry (I used half sheet for this one), sliced apple, I like green apples because they are tart, I keep a small crock of soaked raisins with sliced ginger and vanilla in the fridge all the time, they work great for this, just sprinkle a few on top, sprinkle one teaspoon of sugar and some cinnamon on top and dot with a little butter, bake in a 400 degree preheated oven, when done I melt a little apricot jam and then add a couple teaspoons of amaretto and brush on top of tart, including pastry.

 Absolutely delicious! 

This is perfect light dessert, not too sweet, since the sweetness comes from the raisins and jam.


No comments: